About the conference
Karin Dom Foundation is organizing for a second year a conference on the topic of autism.
Registration is now open!
The purpose of this conference is by presenting lectures and presentations and conducting interactive seminars to increase knowledge in the field of autism and to make professionals, families and the public familiar with the latest trends in work with children from the autistic spectrum.
In 2013, the organizers of the conference turned to the Bulgarian government with a proposal for an establishment of a national programme for children from the autistic spectrum The conference in 2014 is the next step in this direction.
We expect confirmation for attendance at the conference from representatives of the academic community, parent associations, and therapists from Bulgaria and abroad.
In 2014 the highlights of the conference will be:
- sharing good practice, experience and author’s research in the field of autism
- discrete-trial teaching for children from the autistic spectrum
- data collection to evaluate the effectiveness of intervention
- feeding problems in children from the autistic spectrum
- working with children who are non-verbal and aggressive
- establishment of independence in children's self-care skills
- the debate about vaccines
For whom is the conference:
- health professionals - psychiatrists, neurologists, pediatricians and others who are engaged with diagnostics of ASDs and treatment of associated medical problems or independent conditions
- therapists - psychologists, speech therapists, occupational therapists, physical therapists, who are directly involved in the treatment and interventions for children from the autistic spectrum
- teachers from special and mainstream schools and kindergartens
- parents and family members of children and youth with autistic spectrum disorders
Dr. Bistra Vlasakova, MD, Boston Children’s hospital
Dr. Apostol Apostolov, PhD, Karin Dom Foundation
Zvezdelina Atanasova, Karin Dom Foundation
Magdalena Tsoneva, Karin Dom Foundation